On this website Martin Hawes and Steve Ruben offer responses to some of the perennial questions of philosophy and life – questions such as ‘Who am I?’ and ‘What is the meaning of life?’ https://buzzaroundus.com
Questions like these do not necessarily have ‘answers’ in the ordinary sense. However, by exploring their deeper implications one can have insights that effectively resolve (or dissolve) the questions.
Our motive for creating this website is not primarily intellectual or academic. Rather, we see it as an opportunity to explore questions that are not only fascinating but of vital relevance to human wellbeing.
We intend to refine our responses and add more questions and responses from time to time. If you would like to suggest questions of your own, including follow-up questions to our responses, you are welcome to contact us.
- What is the meaning of life?
- Isn’t violence sometimes necessary, for example in self-defence or to defend those who cannot defend themselves?
- Is there life after death?
- If a tree falls in a forest and no one is nearby, does it make a sound?
- Can you step into the same river twice?
- Is there a God?
- Who am I?
- How should we live?